S1 E6 Maneuvering social media and busy thoughts as a creative entrepreneur
Updated: Jul 6, 2020
Today’s guest has built an amazing social media presence while also acquiring marketing tactics for her business. In this episode, I am joined by Chelsea Suddes, the owner, planner, and designer for Pearl Weddings and Events. Chelsea shares the importance of knowing your target audience on social media and how best to track your analytics. We discuss what it is like to have a very active and excited mindset as an entrepreneur, and we offer a few tips on how we use this to manage our businesses. I love and respect this woman so much and I hope you will enjoy this episode as much as I did!
A few things we talked about on the show that you might want to take note of:
1. We're on all of the social media platforms, but we are only really active on a few of them. Remember, it's good to have a presence everywhere, but be sure you're leading people to where your best work is, and where you're active! If you love Instagram and Pinterest, get really good at using those platforms, instead of spreading yourself thin by trying to be okay at all of them.
2. Know your audience. Talking to anyone and everyone isn't going to work. You need to speak like you're talking to one person who needs you and your service. Figure out who they are, and target your ads and social media posts to them specifically.
3. Learn SEO (search engine optimization) it'll only help you in the long run. Use Google analytics, and keep track of your Instagram analytics too!
4. Use an online calendar, and make sure you set reminders before events and meetings to help keep your days on the right track.
5. Create an experience for your clients & customers. Referrals are the best way to grow your business. A true referral from a friend is so rare now, and people are much more likely to choose your business, if someone they trust tells them to go to you. (I didn't mention this in the episode, but people are going to do their own research. As soon as a new potential customer/client finds out about you, they're going online to research you. Make sure that what they find is polished, and guides them even further to working with you!)
6. Keep yourself organized with Asana. Here's the link if you want to check it out! https://asana.com/
7. If you're going to hire a coach, do a lot of research first!
Want to Connect with Chelsea Suddes?
Pearl Weddings & Events | Website [https://www.pearlweddingsandevents.com/]
Pearl Weddings & Events | Instagram [https://www.instagram.com/pearl_weddings/]
Pearl Weddings & Events | Facebook
Chelsea Suddes | Pinterest [https://www.pinterest.com/Pearl_Weddings/]
Chelsea Suddes | LinkedIn [https://www.linkedin.com/in/chelsea-suddes-62776428/]
[01:52] Importance of Having Your Online Brand
[06:45] Google Analytics and Search Engine Optimization
[11:30] Instagram Business Page and Review Testimonials
[13:34] Creating a Wedding Day Around You
[18:58] In-Home Office Representing Chelsea and Her Brand
[20:58] How Do You Stay Organized?
[23:56] Programs Chelsea Uses to Keep Organized
[26:07] Paper Calendars vs Online Calendars
[32:20] Tips on Not Getting Overwhelmed with Tasks
[42:36] Strategic Advice for Chelsea’s Younger Self
[51:01] Closing Thoughts
If you liked this episode & have a few moments, please write us a review on iTunes! Your reviews are the only way we can keep the podcast growing! Thank you so much!